Skema - Soċjetajiet Mużikali Aktar Inklussivi

The Ministry for Inclusion, Voluntary Organisations and Consumer Rights is launching this scheme with the aim of increasing inclusion in band clubs. The scheme encourages band clubs to implement projects that facilitate accessibility and increase participation of persons with disability within them.

Closing Date:
Fri 29th Jul 2022
12:00:00 PM

Accessibility to Band Clubs Scheme

 

Aim

 

Band clubs have a fundamental role in the development of cultural and social activities in Malta. Moreover, they are a key stakeholder in the volontary sector with a myriad of persons allocating their free time in the organisation of feasts in our localities as well as the organisation of substantial activities organised throughout the year. Band clubs also provide music training lessons for children and youths without any fees whatsoever.

 

The Ministry for Inclusion, Voluntary Organisations and Consumer Rights is launching this scheme with the aim of increasing inclusion in band clubs. The scheme encourages band clubs to implement projects that facilitate accessibility and increase participation of persons with disability within them.

 

In this regard, Government is allocating €100,000 for this scheme.

 

Each applicant band club may benefit from a maximum of €10,000 for its project.

 

 

Selection Criteria

 

·         The project should promote inclusion and accessibility in a holistic manner (with one or more of the following elements: physical accessibility, intellectual and/or sensory accessibility);

 

·         Priority shall be given towards projects with innovative ideas;


·         The project should motivate the community involved;

 

·         For Band Clubs to be eligible for this scheme, by the deadline for applications, conformity with the Office of the Commissioner for Voluntary Organisations and the pertinent legislation for the voluntary sector is expected.


·         The Band Club should also be an active and registered member of the Philarmonic Society Association.

 


Selection Board

 

·         Applications submitted shall be evaluated through a Selection Board. It is important to note that at least three (3) quotations are to be annexed with every expenditure being envisaged to exceed €100. The Selection Board may also ask applicants for further documentation, of which if not submitted, the application may be rejected by the same Board. 

·         If the Selection Board accepts the project proposal, the project is allocated 25% of the financial cost approved for the project by way of pre-financing. The remaining 75% of the amount approved, shall be allocated once the project has been finalised and if abiding the project proposal selected by the Selection Board. 

·         If the project is not implemented according to the guidelines provided by the Selection Board, a recovery of the 25% pre-financing amount shall be requested. It is important to note that all original fiscal receipts are to be presented covering costs made from the pre-financing amount and for the remaining allocated amount of 75% to be allocated following implementation of the project.

   The receipts presented are to cover all expenses with regards to the pre-financing amounts approved for the project or otherwise reimbursed. Expenses forming part of the remaining 75% not covered by original fiscal receipts will not be considered as eligible costs. 

·         The proposed project by the Band Club should be finalised within a period of one year from the Selection Letter sent by the Board informing of selection of the project. If this time period is not adhered to, the Band Club will not benefit from this scheme. The project being proposed for funding may be a phase of a bigger project split in different phases, yet still having to be finalised within one year. 

·         The Selection Board may decide that the funds granted are less than those requested. In such case, the Band Club is to accept to continue with the project proposed. 

·         The pre-financing amount shall be transferred upon signature of a grant agreement between the Ministry for Inclusion, Volontary Organisations and Consumer Rights according to the terms and conditions in the mentioned grant agreement. 

·         For the duration of the project, the band club is to make use of the necessary signage provided by the Selection Board in order to acknowledge the funds granted by the Accessibility to Band Clubs Scheme. This signage is to remain in place until the project has been finalised.

 

Application Form and Submission

 

Applicants are to thoroughly review the documentation and guidelines provided prior to submitting their application. Applications will only be considered eligible if completed in full and in accordance with the eligibility criteria and timeframes provided.

 

Applications are to be submitted online by Friday 29th July 2022.  

 

Applications received after this deadline will not be considered. 


For any further assistance please send an email to festi-inklussivi@gov.mt