International Cultural Exchanges Scheme
The International Cultural Exchanges Scheme assists Malta based artists with international collaborations and exchanges, international accessibility and exposure, promoting cultural diversity and strengthen cultural relations as well as showcasing creative excellence to international cultural programmers, festival-makers, operators and audiences
Thu 22nd Jun 2023
The International Cultural Exchanges Scheme forms part of Arts Council Malta’s Internationalisation Strategy for the cultural and creative sectors. It addresses international cultural exchanges, focusing specifically on the outgoing mobility of Maltese and Malta based artists over 18 years of age as well as their art works and cultural productions.
The objective of this scheme is to assist Malta based artists with the following:
• To encourage international collaborations and exchanges with the aim of building bridges with the rest of the world so as to enable further understanding and gain trust with other people through culture
• To increase international accessibility and exposure, to tour their productions, to build networks and to experience the work of artists from around the world in its cultural context
• To promote cultural diversity and strengthen cultural relations worldwide
• To showcase creative excellence to international cultural programmers, festival-makers, operators and audiences at large and to sustain and develop professional work.
This scheme supports:
• International collaborations
• Marketing, including digital as well as printed adverts in, for example, international art/literature/film magazines, train stations, subways, buses, bus stations, ferries, parks, websites, social media platforms, TV programmes etc. This is specifically intended for overseas collaborations/projects
• Participation in international festivals, exhibitions, showcases, networking events, films, conferences, artist residencies and fairs. Participation can also take place in a digital format
• The production of audio visuals of completed artworks and cultural productions, which are then presented to international programmers, producers and collaborators overseas. This could include, for example, the filming of a theatrical or a dance production, filming of art installations, poetry readings, exhibitions, fashion shows etc
• The production of websites and demos for international promotion purposes.