The Voluntary Organisations Project Scheme is an initiative which falls under The Ministry for Education and Employment, administered on its’ behalf by the Malta Council for the Voluntary Sector, and established in 2015.
The Voluntary Organisations Project Scheme is an allocated fund of €700,000.00.
This call for proposals is being issued by The Ministry for Education and Employment under the Voluntary Organisations Project Scheme herein referred to as VOPS. The guidelines for the VOPS are published on the Malta Council for the Voluntary Sector website (www.maltacvs.org). The Guidelines constitute an integral part of the call for proposals.
The general objectives establishing the Voluntary Organisations Project Fund are the following:
- To stimulate co-operation and networking between voluntary organisations.
- To provide a consultative forum that can effectively address issues related to the Voluntary Sector.
- To provide a platform from which to develop co-operation between voluntary organisations and the Government.
- To promote and encourage a culture of volunteering and the participation in volunteer activities among people, especially children and youths, as an aspect of personal and social development.
- To foster co-operation in the volunteer sector with local and international bodies, entities or other persons for the encouragement and promotion of the development of volunteering programmes, initiatives and activities.
- To encourage, in furtherance of the principle of subsidiary, non-governmental bodies and private entities or persons and local councils to contribute to the promotion of volunteering in Malta.