The Operational Assistance Scheme for VOs is a fund managed by the Malta Council for the Voluntary Sector (MCVS) and on behalf of the Parliamentary Secretary for Youth, Sports and Voluntary Organisations and supported by the Ministry of Finance. This Scheme is a one-time budget, which is being allocated to the Voluntary Sector in relation to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The closing date of Phase 3 of this Scheme is noon on the 26th February 2021.
1. Purpose of Operational Assistance Scheme for VOs
a) The main purpose of this Scheme is to assist Voluntary Organisations during the COVID-19 Pandemic situation, which had a direct or indirect impact on Voluntary Organisations.
b) This Scheme is to assist financially enrolled and compliant registered Voluntary Organisations (VOs) with the Commissioner for Voluntary Organisations (CVO).
c) The Aims of the Scheme shall be to:
- Support VOs whose operation is related and essential for the the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Support VOs which, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, may suffer irreparable damage to their organisation, including loss of employment, which may result in the reduction of operation in the near future of the same organisation and/or the closure of the same organisation.
- Support VOs which, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, may face difficulties to retain and restart the operation at post pandemic stage.
d) This Fund shall be allocated on a first-come-first-serves basis depending on the availability of funds.
e) Requests which are considered not to be related to the COVID-19 pandemic shall be deemed not eligible for funding support under this Scheme.
f) Also requests which are or can be funded under other funding lines shall be deemed not eligible for funding support under this Scheme.
2. COVID-19 Assistance Scheme for VOs Budget
The total initial amount of funds allocated in the COVID-19 Assistance Scheme for VOs
shall be of €3,000,000.00. Operational aspect of allocation of funds. The Scheme was
incremented with the additional fund allocation of €1,100,000.00. Once the allocated
funds are utilised, there will not be any replenishment of this Fund.
The budget under this Scheme for Phase 3 shall be eligible for the period from the 1st of
October 2020 till the 31st March 2021.
All applications under Phase 3 must be filed with the administrators of this Scheme by
the 26th February 2021.