One of the main priorities of the Malta Council for the Voluntary Sector (MCVS) is to encourage Voluntary Organisations to invest in training and capacity building, of their members, volunteers and administrators focusing on strengthening the capability of Voluntary Organisations as part of the process of building the potential of voluntary organisations to respond to the needs of the community they serve. Through this approach organisational development aims to: (1) commit and improve management and technical skills through training (increasing knowledge), (2) change the operating procedures and/or restructuring within an organisation; (3) make the organisation effective and sustainable. Voluntary Organisations tend to be very adaptable to the societal trends leading to quick organisational growth and change. It is therefore important to ensure that there is sufficient capacity to implement changes within the organisation. This priority is aligned to the mission statement of MCVS stating:
“to support the development of a more effective and efficient voluntary and community sector in Malta and Gozo through the delivery of a range of support and capacity building services including information, advice and training.”
The main objectives of the Training Initiatives Scheme (TIS) are to:
- Help volunteers improve their skills to undertake the voluntary work skillfully, ethically and efficiently establishing a minimum competency that all volunteers are expected to obtain.
- Provide volunteers with adequate skills that may be helpful on a personal level and contribute to their personal growth, lifelong learning and enhance their Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Raise the level of professionalism in the services and initiatives implemented by Voluntary Organisations within the community.
- Promote active citizenship by fostering social inclusion and the active participation people from all walks of society.
- Promoting social inclusion and well-being, mainly through the empowerment and up-skilling of individuals.
- Raise awareness about Voluntary Organisations, their voluntary work and the Voluntary Sector in general.
Priority 2 – Voluntary Organisations Training Programmes
Support for Voluntary Organisations in the organisation of training initiatives which are beneficial both to the same organisation, to other Voluntary Organisations and to the community at large.
To apply, log in and click the Apply button at the top of the page (or continue application, if an application is already saved).
For more information contact Ms Teresa Borg on 22481116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org