The NGO Co-Financing Fund is intended to assist NGOs which are capable of managing specific project development issues but not necessarily well equipped to deal with the demands of the required financial element stipulated under the respective EU Funded Programme that the beneficiary had applied for. The co-financing funds are intended to complement and not replace existing activities supported by EU funding.
The NGO Co-Financing Fund shall not be considered as proof for co-financing when applying for EU Funded Projects.
- Being a Voluntary Organization in possession of a valid Voluntary Organization Certificate number and being financially involved in the implementation and the co-financing, even as a partner, of a European Funded Project in the past year.
- Project Closure Report dated later than one year from submitting the application for the NGO co-Financing Fund.
- Failure to honour obligations agreed to in the Contract signed with the NGO Co-Financing Fund.
- European Funding awarded for the project is already considered as covering 100% of the eligible expenditures.
- Project not yet approved from relevant Managing Authority.
- Once the online application has been properly filled in, the system will automatically generate an estimated value of the potential grant to be awarded. The application will subsequently be evaluated by an independent Board to validate the provided information and issue the Grant.
- The Grant will be issued in two equal instalments, 50% at the awarding stage upon the signature of a Contract with the NGO Co-Financing Fund Board and a second 50% upon submission of a valid Closure Report endorsed by the relevant Competent Authority.
- The submitted Closure Report will be evaluated by the NGO Co-Financing Fund Board and a proportionate reduction to the NGO Co-Financing Fund Grant will apply in the circumstances where there will be a deduction in the Project Eligible Value.
- Should the Closure Report be submitted at the application stage, the Grant shall be issued in full. The Grant will remain subject to the conditions agreed to in the Contract with the NGO Co-Financing Board.